Tried iOS update and restore, but it kept crapping out and never got to the actual restore feature. Further, Apple opens downgrade to lower iOS only for a limited period after the new iOS release. You can read more and dig deeper into this method here.
- After you uninstall antivirus software, the issue “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away.
- IPhone updates are the most awaited Apple announcements.
- Another power-related issue is the malfunction of the power cycle count.
When the battery is damaged or wears out, iPhone keeps restarting when charging, especially using iPhone 6, 5S or earlier. Thus, please check if your battery can work properly.
Some types of hard disk crashes can render the hard disk inoperable through mechanical damage. The recovery of files from a damaged Mac hard disk is often possible only with the help of a specialized hard disk repair shop and its professional tools. Released by the MiniTool Team, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS is professional but free iPhone data recovery software. Unlike iTunes backup restoration, this way can help restore some certain types of data to a computer or Mac and the recovered files can be directly viewed. It’s so frustrating to run into the iPhone black screen of death. This post illustrates the possible causes and workable solutions for you to fix your iPhone not turning on with a black screen. It’s recommended to try hard resetting your iPhone in the first place.
- Use this option as a last resort when all the above ways fail to fix the ‘iPhone software update failed error.
- You can update your iPhone again to see if this method has solved the problem.
- Factory resetting, in general, is the most effective method to fix the white Apple screen of death issue.
- After you click Reinstall iOS, iMazing will use your selected method to install the software.
In this case, you can restart your iTunes or computer to fix the iPhone firmware corrupt problem done. As important as iPhone firmware file link is, every phone users need pay more attention to your firmware file corrupt iPhone problem. Once you find that the iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt issue, you should take right actions to fix it done in time. Actually, firmware file corrupt iPhone/iPad issues are common when your device’s operating software and iTunes have gone through multiple updates. As a result, the old codes become incompatible. Therefore, your iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible or corrupt.